Chocolate Chip Blondies… er…I mean Blobbies
It’s Mother’s Day, and I usually bake on Sundays so that the kids have some kind of treat for their lunches during the week. In the interest of making things easier for myself, rather than make chocolate chip cookies, I decided to go with blondies. What could be easier right?
The photo on Pinterest looks like this:
Here is the recipe from Taste of Home:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla
- just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add
- to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Right from the start, I made the mistake of not beating the eggs before adding them to the mixing bowl. I don’t know if that had anything with the final result, but in the interest of full disclosure I thought I should mention it.